Founded in 1993, the dealership group was formed by brothers Dong K. Lee and Dong I. Lee, along with their brother-in-law, Kyong S. Han.
Operations in their first store, Dohan, Inc., began in March 1, 1993 under the business name, Hanlees Davis Chevrolet-Geo-Toyota. Over the past two decades, Hanlees Auto Group has expanded not only in Davis, but also in the Richmond, Napa, and Fremont areas.
The company currently owns twelve dealerships in which consists of Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Subaru, Volkswagen, Buick, GMC, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and Kia. The latest four stores were added in 2016.
Locations & Facilities
The company’s commitment to caring about the environment goes far beyond selling electric vehicles as its stores in Davis and Richmond, and also their corporate office in Fairfield, are all powered by solar panels.
Don Lee, CEO of Hanlees Auto Group, shares a bit about the business' philosophy:
“We want to give our customers the highest quality of service and ensure that they leave happy with all of their needs met. We want to focus on giving each customer the attention and assistance they deserve. We do not want to rush, push, or pressure any of our customers. At Hanlees, we are a family and want to bring that sense of comfort and care to our customers. Here is what all of our employees strive for every day:
- Acknowledging all customers with a smile and friendly attitude.
- Enthusiastically assisting all customers with a prompt courteous greeting in a professional manner.
- Escorting all customers to the location they are looking for instead of pointing in the direction.
- Genuinely thanking each customer for doing business with us and smiling throughout our interaction with our customers.
- Maintaining a professional, energetic attitude and appearance at all times providing service with a smile.
- Working with a smile and a positive attitude whenever working with or around our customers.
- We are a local and family owned business that puts those values in everything we do. We want to know what we can do to make you happy. We are constantly striving to improve and bring the best service to our customers."